While trampolines can be a fun and exciting activity for children, they can also be responsible for serious injuries. According to the journal Pediatrics, there were approximately 250,000 children who were hospitalized for trampoline related accidents between 1990 and 1995.
Although reckless trampoline practices can be the cause for some accidents, occasionally a defective product is at fault. If you or someone you love has been injured in a trampoline accident, contact a Cincinnati personal injury lawyer at Stepleton Dugan, LLC by calling 513-321-7733 today. You may be entitled compensation for your losses.
Injuries from Trampolines
Frequent trampoline related injuries include:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Head and neck injuries
In order to ensure the safety of your children while jumping on trampolines, we have compiled a list of suggested safety precautions.
- Never leave children unattended while jumping.
- Do not install a ladder leading up to the trampoline, as this will enable small children to jump.
- Do not give anyone under the age of 6 access to the trampoline.
- Install a safety net around the trampoline.
- Cover hard metal perimeter with a safety pad.
- Do not allow your children to do flips or somersaults on trampoline.
Sadly, even when following all of the above safety guidelines, accidents still happen. If you or your child has been harmed by a defectively designed or built trampoline, you may be eligible to win compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, and other losses.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a trampoline related accident, the personal injury lawyers at Stepleton Dugan, LLC are here to help. Contact the Cincinnati personal injury attorneys by calling 513-321-7733 today for a free consultation.