Heater Safety Hazards
As the winter months approach, people bring space heaters out of their attics, sheds, or closets and plug them in to stay warm. Although space heaters are extremely effective, they can also be very dangerous. Product malfunctions or improper usage can result in household fires, which can cause property damages, severe injury, or even death.
If you or someone you love has suffered from damages caused by a heater, you may be eligible for compensation. Contact an experienced Cincinnati personal injury lawyer at Stepleton Dugan, LLC for a free consultation. Don’t wait; call 513-321-7733 today.
In order to protect the safety of you and your family, we have compiled a list of safety tips that can help minimize the risks of fire when using a space heater:
- Keep space heaters away from bedding, carpet, rugs, and furniture
- Unplug space heaters when not in use
- Do not leave space heaters on while you sleep or after leaving the house
- Do not place space heaters in bathrooms or other areas where they are likely to get wet
- If using an extension cord, make sure that it is as thick as the cord attached to the heater
While following these safety tips can help reduce fire hazards, accidents can still occur.
If your heater created a fire in your home, you may be eligible for compensation. Contact Cincinnati personal injury lawyer at Stepleton Dugan, LLC today by calling 513-321-7733 to schedule a free consultation to discuss the details of your case and your legal rights.